Monday, June 18, 2012

Mushed Potatoes: Ukranian Style

I'm going to share with you today, my dear readers, how to prepare Mushed Potatoes like my grandmothers used to make in Ukraine.
You will need:
5 Medium Potatoes
1 Medium Onion
5 Tbs of Olive Oil


Simmer Onion like that
Mixing the Onion into Potatoes
Creamy yet Light Mushed Potaotes
 Take  Potatoes and peel them. Now put them in a medium pot and add water to cover the potatoes. Boil the Potatoes and add Salt to taste. Separately take 1 Onion. Slice it and let it simmer in the Oil until the Onion becomes golden. Take Potatoes. Mush it well, add Pepper and now add Olive Oil and Onion that have been simmering together. Mix it very well and voila less fattening version of Mushed Potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. This brings back fond memories for me, as I was born in Ukraine, and grew up in Moldova. However, I bet your grandmothers did not use Olive Oil, I bet it was Sunflower Oil (podsolnechnoye). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irisha, that is correct. They used Podsolnechnoe Oil. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete